Wednesday 11th January 2023
Following the FIFA Football Agent Regulations (FFAR) becoming operative on 9 January 2023, we have launched the Centrefield FFAR Toolkit to provide bespoke, tailored and practical advice to clients in respect of the FFAR and the associated implications of the new regime.
In short, this service offers bespoke advice and assistance in relation to the relevant client’s specific business model and key priorities – whilst the specific content of the service is to be tailored on a case-by-case basis, elements of the service available to clients (including agency businesses, existing individual agents and/or prospective agents) will include:
• FFAR Overview/Advice – advising on the provisions of the FFAR and their practical impact, including transitional arrangements;
• Regulatory Compliance – key compliance and commercial issues moving forward, including delivering remote or in-person training on all elements of the FFAR;
• Exam Preparation/Tuition – preparation for the new licensing exam, including delivering remote or in-person coaching or workshops;
• Agency Business Structures – reviewing and advising on agency business structures and associated issues (including as a result of the FFAR requiring that representation contracts must be entered into by an individual agent, not a company);
• Representation Agreements – reviewing, advising on and producing revised representation agreements which are FFAR compliant; and
• Club Transactions – advising on the agent arrangements in respect of player/club transactions and the structuring of such deals.
If this Toolkit may be of interest to you or you would like any advice or assistance in relation to FFAR, please contact Oliver Sadler, Thomas Simpson or your other usual Centrefield contacts to discuss your requirements and we would be happy to discuss your bespoke requirements and package.